Om Namasivaya nama:
ATHMA GNANA MAHATHWAM / KNOWLEDGE OF THE SELF AND ITS BUEATY:
Neither by Yoga nor Sankhya, nor by Ritual nor by Learning is liberation possible. Acharya says Only by the realization of the one's Self identity with Brahman liberation is possible. not by any other means. Whatever we do, at the end of the day, our goal should be "i must realize brahman for which i need to put forward efforts and achieve the goal" should be the slogan in life.
Acharya specifically pointing out here that Yoga mean Hatha Yoga although all Yoga will lead to the same goal through different approach. In Indian philosophy we have 6 main school of thought which was dated back to 6000+ years and later 3 philosophies (Darsanas) were added by the modern generation having an age of around 2000 years old. They are:
1. Yoga (By Pathanjali Maharshi - Ashtanga Yoga Soothram. Basically practical methods for direct experience of the eternal center of consciousness.
2. Sankhya (by Sage Kapila Maharshi - basically Gnana Yogam). Framework of all types of manifestation / Revealing Prakruthi and Purusha conjoined with 23 elements. From smallest to biggest manifestations.
3. Vedantha (revealed mainly through Upanishads) They say more 1008+ upanishads were existed then later shrink to 108 and now confined to mainly 10 commentated by Sri Adhi Sankaracharyar. This is also known as Uthara Meemasa. Contemplative methods of self inquiry.
4. Vaiseshikam (By Sage Prasashtapaada) - Physical sciences especially Chemistry, exploring Pancha Bhoothas, time, mind and soul etc.
5. Nyaya (By Sage Gautama) - exploring everything through Logic/Reasoning.
6. Mimaamsa : (By Sage Jaimini) - Free through action. It tackle ritual, worship and ethical conduct etc,
7. Buadha (By Sage Budha) -
8. Jaina (By Sage Mahavir)
9. Charvaka (By Sage Charvaka) - An atheist approach!
Indian philosophers tried to realize Brahman through these practices then later shared with everyone through their disciples.
Please click the download link for full discourse: